In Michigan CNAs are called Certified Nurse Aides. The US Census Bureau
reports that state of Michigan has a population of over 9 million people and over 14% of its’ citizens are 65 years of age or older, which is higher than the national average. Therefore the demand for CNAs and CNA classes in Michigan should remain strong for years to come.
Certified Nurse Aides can find many opportunities for employment in both urban and rural areas of the state.
For people who are looking into becoming a Certified Nurse Aide in Michigan we have identified the following resources that you might find helpful.
Find Nurse Aide Training Programs | Locate CNA Classes in Michigan
Click one of links shown below to see the approved Nurse Aide Training Programs in the counties near you.
- Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb Counties
- Genesee, Huron, Lapeer, St. Clair, Sanilac, and Tuscola Counties
- Hillsdale, Jackson, Lenawee, Monroe, and Washtenaw Counties
- Clinton, Eaton, Ingham, Livingston, and Shiawassee Counties
- Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, and Van Buren Counties
- Allegan, Barry, Ionia, Kent, Montcalm, Muskegon, and Ottawa Counties
- Lake, Mason, Mecosta, Newaygo, Oceana, and Osceola Counties
- Arenac, Bay, Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Isabella, Midland, and Saginaw Counties
- Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Emmett, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau, Manistee, Missaukee, and Wexford Counties
- Alcona, Alpena, Cheboygan, Crawford, Iosco, Montmorency, Ogemaw, Oscoda, Otsego, Presque Isle, and Roscommon Counties
- Alger, Chippewa, Delta, Luce, Mackinac, and Schoolcraft Counties
- Baraga, Dickinson, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Keweenaw, Marquette, Menominee, and Ontonagon Counties
Information about Nurse Aides in Michigan
Click here to access Nurse Aide resources from the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. These resources include things such as:
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Renewal Requirements
- Nurse Aide Registration Information
- Train the Trainer Information
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Listings of CNA classes in Michigan
- Nurse Aide Licensing Forms And Applications
Michigan Nurse Aide Registry
The Long Term Care Division in the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs’ Bureau of Health Care Services takes care of the administration of the nurse aide program. They review and approve the training programs and contract with Prometric to develop and administer the testing. In addition, Prometric maintains the Michigan Nurse Aide Registry which is the list of all the certified nurse aides in the state. You can search the Michigan Nurse Aide Registry here.
You can visit the Prometric Nurse Aide website for Michigan here. The web page has information on how to contact the Nurse Aide Registry. Plus, it also addresses common questions and concerns such as:
- Bulletins and Forms (Including Application and Checklists)
- Regional Test Sites
- Test Registration Forms
- Registry Services
- Employer/Training Program Information
Image Credit: fabfiver5 on Flickr